What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that websites send to your browser and download to your computer. Cookies allow the website to store and retrieve information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other options, in order to improve the services offered and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of cookies
Depending on who manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and the data is processed, a distinction will be made between own cookies and third party cookies.
Cookies can also be classified according to the length of time they remain stored in the user’s browser, with a distinction being made between session cookies and persistent cookies.
Finally, depending on the purpose for which the information collected is processed, cookies can be classified into the following categories:
- Technical cookies: they allow the user to navigate through a website and use some of the services offered by it (such as those that serve to remember the elements that make up a shopping cart).
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access the website with certain characteristics, such as language.
- Security cookies: they serve to prevent or hinder attacks against the website.
- Plug-in cookies for exchanging social content: so-called plug-ins, which allow content to be shared on social networks.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person in charge to follow the user’s behaviour.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management of the advertising spaces on the website.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: like the previous ones, they are used to manage the website’s advertising spaces based on the information collected on the user’s behavior and habits, adapting advertising to the user’s profile.
- Geolocation cookies: used to find out the country where the user is located.
How to change your cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from Bizkaia Talent or any other website using your browser. Each browser is different, you can find out how to do this in your browser’s help menu where the procedure for deletion is set. For more information:
Disabling cookies may cause the website to malfunction or prevent you from accessing certain features of the website.
Cookies used on the website
The web portal uses different types of cookies for different purposes. Below is a list of the cookies used:
|Cookie type||Name||Purpose||Manager||Expiry period|
|Third party||1P_JAR||Transfers data to Google.||1 week|
|Third party||CONSENT||Consent for cookie configuration.||1 month|
|Own||wp-settings-time-6||Identifies the user with the same number as the one which s/he holds on the website’s user database. It serves to personalize the viewing of the administration interface, as well as the principal interface with the website.||WordPress||1 year|
|Own||wordpress_logged_in_||Indicates when somebody has connected and who s/he is. It is being used by the WordPress interface.||WordPress||Session|
|Own||wordpress_test_cookie||WordPress content manager which checks whether the browser has cookies activated.||WordPress||Session|
|Own||wordpress_sec||Used by WordPress to maintain the session for a registered user.||WordPress||Session|
|Own||fusionredux_current_tab||Essential subject WordPress cookies to maintain the functionality of the principal website.||WordPress||1 week|
|Own||wp-settings-6||Identifies the user with the same number as the one which s/he holds on the website’s user database. It serves to personalize the viewing of the administration interface, as well as the principal interface with the website.||WordPress||1 day|
|Third party||_gid||This cookie is used to group together user behaviour for each user.||Google Analytics||1 day|
|Third party||_ga||This cookie is used for tracking visitors.||Google Analytics||2 years|
|Own||qtrans_front_language||Cookie for establishing the browsing language.||qTranslate X||1 year|
Modification of the conditions